Tutorial Saturday

27 October 2012

It has been a while since I did a video tutorial and although I love making them I don't have lots of time at the moment. I did get this one filmed (did it at around midnight yesterday!). I thought I'd show you how I edit photos of my layouts. Now, first a few things you have to know:
  1. I am no computer expert! I grew up in a household full of them because my Dad is a computer programmer and what I learnt from him was to play around. I have always done that so all you'll be seeing, is things I have discovered by fiddling with PSE.
  2. I use Photoshop Elements 10 (looking to upgrade to 11 soon!)
  3. If you want to try it my way, you'll have to download and install some actions! All the actions I used are free and the links are below. I didn't explain how to install them in my tutorial but on the blogs I'll be mentioning, they have instructions on how to do so. 
  4. Start off with a good sharp photo. Get your white balance right and get a shot in good daylight (I would advise not to take shots in direct sunlight. My favourite spots depending on the time of day, are either the livingroom bay window or on the floor in my office space in front of the windows.)
  5. I can only tell you what my Dad told me: try and try, have a backup of your original files and then just test!
  6. It is in English! Sorry my French speaking buddies but most of my software is configured in English and I don't have a clue of the French terminology for PSE!
So here it is, my little tutorial. Hope you like it and that you learn a few things. If you have any questions, just email me (lilitheeckelsATgmailDOTcom) or leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

Links to the actions:
Actions from The Pioneer Woman: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2010/08/pioneer-woman-actions-for-photoshop-elements-2/
Actions from The CoffeeShop: http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/p/coffeeshop-actions-and-presets.html
(And once again as I was listening to myself I had to come to the conclusion that my South African accent is still there and I am glad it is as SA is part of me!)



 [KIT used: Scraptastic October Hall Pass Kit and Add on]










I'll be back tomorrow to show you the December "Daily" stash I'll be using this year.

8 comments :

Danielle said...

Bedankt voor het delen van je tips & trucs!
Je layout is ook weer erg mooi, gaaf hoe die rode kleur er uit knalt.

crusty said...

Grrr ça en devient pénible d'être aussi talentueuse!! lol Non je plaisante :)
Une fois de plus, je suis ultra fan de ta page, je retiens l'idée des étoiles montées sur 3D associées aux brads, ça rend divinement bien!
Bises

Kim said...

thanks for the tips...Ilove your videos

Bente Fagerberg said...

LOve the lo0ok of your finished layout. Makes me happy!! :-)

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

Great tutorial!!!! Thanks for the help ;)

Anski said...

Nice tutorial! It's always fun to see different ways to edit things, because things can be done so many ways. What I've learned, a great option for distort tool is to manually copy the missing pieces in the edges using clone stamp tool. Sometimes the distorting makes the proportions in the photo wrong if used too much (like making squares oblong) and it could also deteriorate the quality of the photo.
Also "save for web" -option is a good thing to use because it makes a smaller file size than "save as". Helps the people that don't have so fast internet and if blog has a lot of photos! :)

Natali said...

Thank you so much Lillith for sharing your expertise ! it helps a lot and I finally will be able know to work my pages photographies to make them nicer on my coming blog !
You are a star, a talented star !

Pam said...

You do the nicest videos!! I lvoe this page too...you have made such lovely things with the Hall Pass kit!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs