Summer colour video 5

9 August 2013

Before showing the next colour video, I am still waiting for Heather to contact me so that I can get the gift voucher to her. So HEATHER if you stop by please email me at lilitheeckelsATgmailDOTcom. 

For this next video I decided to focus on colours present in the photo. Here are a few tips:

  1. Pick two main colours and an accent colour.
  2. Don't worry if they don't match perfectly.
  3. Use accent colours. 
  4. I love using this site: Colorschemedesigner.com when matching colours. It also enables you make complement, triad, and many more other colour schemes. 
If you are really interested in colour, Amy Heller made the most amazing workshop for TwoPeas, all about the colour wheel and different colour combinations. You can check it out here: AMY'S WORKSHOP THROUGH THE KALEIDOSCOPE. 


  



Here is the layout I drew my inspiration from. I made it for the American Crafts blog in April 2012 and it is one of my favourites. 





Supplies:


8 comments :

Kimberly Kett said...

GORGEOUS! I love those blues and greens!

Cathy said...

love these...gorgeous inspiration!

Стокли said...

Lilith, this is burst of color! and the white background makes them stand out more. And the composition is very dynamic. Awesome :)

Anita Bownds said...

wow these are both beautiful layouts..xx

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Love everything about this! The photos, the typography, the design, the details are all outstanding! Another great video too.:)

Joefil said...

Awesome layouts! love all the details and colors..i love to scrap lift this :)

Anonymous said...

I really like your layout. The colors are great. What was the cut file you used? Was it in the kit or did you make it yourself. It's wonderful. Jane

Jeannine H. said...

The inspiration layout is gorgeous but this layout is fabulous too! I am waiting every day for the postman to deliver my Scraptastic kits. They should arrive soon!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs